Microsoft DPM 2010 Consulting
If you need to upgrade or install Data Protection Manager 2010 in your network, allow Expert Data Protection Manager 2010 Consultants from MLG Networks, Inc. to take full advantage of the new features offered by this new version 2010. Our Certified DPM 2010 Professionals will help your organization to properly optimize and securely manage your data by using DPM Best Practices and implementing a Backup and Recovery Plan so your business will quickly recover just in case disaster strikes.
DPM 2010 builds on the success of DPM 2007 as the Microsoft backup and recovery solution for Windows customers: Continuous data protection of Windows application and file servers to seamlessly integrated disk, tape, and cloud — with support for a growing list of Microsoft technologies, such as:
- Windows Server from 2003 through 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2000 through 2008
- Exchange Server 2003 through 2010
- SharePoint Server 2003 through 2010
- Dynamics AX 2009
- Essential Business Server 2008 and Small Business Server 2008
- SAP™ running on SQL Server
Along with new workloads and support of the latest generation of Microsoft application servers, these platforms are gaining several new protection and recovery capabilities.
DPM 2010 protects highly available virtual machines (VM) deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2 using Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) clusters in addition to standalone Hyper-V servers and Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V clusters. For all above mentioned server configurations, DPM 2010 supports:
- Seamless protection of Live Migrating VMs (For Windows Server 2008 R2). DPM 2010 is LiveMigration aware and seamlessly protects a VM after it migrates to another node of the Hyper-V R2 cluster to another without manual intervention.
- Item Level Recovery from host level backup. DPM 2010 supports item level recovery (ILR) which allows you to do granular recovery of files and folders, volumes and virtual hard disks (VHD) from a host level backup of Hyper-V VMs to a network share or a volume on a DPM protected server.
- Original Location Recovery. DPM 2010 supports online recovery of the protected VM to the original location.
- Alternate Host Recovery. DPM 2010 supports alternate location recovery (ALR) which allows you to recover a Hyper-V VM to an alternate stand-alone or clustered Hyper-V host.
Although DPM 2007 SP1 was enabled for client protection, it was designed for desktops and not optimized for mobile/often-disconnected user. DPM 2010 laptop feature is completely built from scratch and offers an optimized experience for DPM Admin as well as the laptop user.
- Seamless backups for roaming users (Backup over VPN, Backup when connected, Alert for SLA’s not met)
- Rich support for folder inclusion/exclusion and file types exclusion Integration with local Shadow Copies for Vista & W7
- Scales up to 1000 clients per DPM server
- Support for XP, Vista, and Win7
Reliability and Manageability
In addition to features, this area has significant investments in DPM 2010, with special recognition of the feedback from enterprise users who are deploying DPM across the large Windows farms within their heterogeneous environments.
- Auto-Grow. This feature will extend the replica volume as the production data grows.
- Fewer Replica Inconsistent Errors and many of them will automatically get fixed by Auto-Rerun and Auto-CC (Consistency Check).
- Flexibility and Robustness to adapt for environment/configuration changes.
- New Backup SLA Report that you can configure for your needs and get it emailed every day. You can even view it in the Protection View of the DPM UI, so no more custom scripts to determine if you have met your backup requirements.
In addition to the above, a few of the other areas of enhancement include:
- Exchange. DPM 2010 extends robust Exchange protection to Exchange 2010 DAG clusters.
- SharePoint. For SharePoint 2010, there is no recovery farm required for item level recoveries and backups are optimized for large scale deployments.
- SQL Server. DPM 2010 now includes is Instance-Level Protection and with Datasource Collocation, you can backup SQL servers with ~700-800 DBs. DPM 2007 provided optimized SQL backups and with SQL End User Recovery in DPM 2010, you should be able to give the control back to SQL Admin while retaining the storage benefits of DPM SQL backups.
- Disaster Recovery replication (“DPM2DPM4DR”). Cyclic protection (DPM A DPM B) as well as chained (DPM A –> DPM B –> DPM C) protection have been enabled for versatility in long-distance protection.
Data Protection Manager 2010 Consultants from LG Networks
When you engage with our DPM 2010 Experts from LG Networks, Inc. you can set your mind at ease knowing that all of our Consultants are Microsoft Certified Backup Professionals with extensive experience in deploying , upgrading and supporting Data Protection Manager Servers for numerous organizations. Call our Data Protection Manager 2010 Experts now at 866-808-7705 for a free assessment and demo.